Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is a form of business process outsourcing (BPO) where an employer transfers all or part of its recruitment processes to an external service provider. An RPO provider can provide its own or may assume the company’s staff, technology, methodologies and reporting. In all cases, RPO differs greatly from providers such as staffing companies and contingent/retained search providers in that it assumes ownership of the design and management of the recruitment process and the responsibility for the results.
What RPO can do for you
RPO is a specialty within recruiting where an external provider (Peoplelink Group) acts as a company’s internal recruitment function for a portion or all of its jobs. Typically, the recruiters are deployed to the client’s business premises in one of the following ways:
- Fully-outsourced basis – The client outsources all recruitment. In this engagement strategy, the outsourced team manages end-to-end recruitment solutions for some or all roles across their business.
- Hybrid basis – The client retains their own in-house recruitment team. The client needs a partner on an ongoing basis to manage the roles they cannot fill themselves. This may be caused by “peaks” of recruitment demand, technical complexity of the roles, lack of geographical coverage, or performance issues within the internal team.
- Project basis – The client engages an outsourced provider for a specific period of time to complete a start-to-finish recruitment project. The nature of the engagement is time-bound and relates to a specific need – generally by the type of role and/or geography.
- Recruitment forecasting
- Recruitment advertisement creation and placement
- Application response
- Candidate sourcing programs (web crawling, internal recruitment, employee referrals, alumni programs, networking, social media, etc.)
- Conducting & scheduling interviews
- Psychometric and behavioral assessments
- Reference and background checking
- Offer management
- Vendor (3rd party supplier management)
- Technology selection, configuration and management
- Management reporting
- New starter onboarding
RPO Solution Benefits
- Scalability and flexibility – Peoplelink Group RPO possesses the ability to increase or decrease the number of recruiters we deploy to a client depending on their recruitment volumes. As the recruitment volumes go up, we grow the number of recruiters deployed. As the recruitment volumes go down, we deploy the recruiters to other solutions to manage, thereby reducing the cost for the client.
- Reduced time-to-hire – We typically reduce the time it takes to recruit a new hire by 30-50%. Hiring skilled people faster and reducing down time can substantially increase productivity.
- Cost reduction – the amount of cost reduction will depend on what recruitment model the client has used in the past and what type of new model they are implementing. If a client has solely relied on recruitment agencies in the past to fill all roles, then cost savings can be in the 30-50% range on a cost-per-hire basis. Clients moving from an in-house model to an outsourced model may not save as much, but they will achieve other benefits (i.e. reduced time-to-fill, scalability and flexibility, and increased quality of hire).
- Quality of hire – Peoplelink RPO has proprietary processes and assessment tools that ensure the optimal fit between the role, person, and organizational culture. We start by creating a comprehensive job and person brief; we then find talent from a wide range of sources (internal employees, employee referrals, internet, job boards, networks, etc.) and we conduct behavioral interviews, psych testing and reference checks to assess candidate fit and make the offer on behalf of the client. We also stand behind the quality of hires we place through offering extended guarantee periods for the period of placement. This means if the person leaves within this period, we will replace them free of charge.
- More transparency around recruitment via enhanced reporting – Peoplelink RPO will ensure the right technology and processes are deployed to provide the organization with highly comprehensive reports on total recruitment activity, making it far easier to understand what is happening, what is working/not working and how things can be improved.